This was truly a 'CODE RED' that took seven different fire departments to keep a small area in Caldwell, Idaho safe.  KTVB reports that fire departments from Homedale, Wilder, Parma, Caldwell, Middleton, Star and Nampa all were on the scene of a fire at Criterion Trailers LLC, a trailer production shop, immediately after it was reported this morning around 4 o'clock.

Why was there such a high priority of importance with this fire?  Criterion is near the intersection of Simplot Boulevard and Pinto Lane west of town which sits right next to AmeriGas Propane.  It doesn't take much thought to figure out what happens if those flames hit all that propane gas.  BOOM!

Anyone driving anywhere close to this fire saw an incredible light show.  There was an orange glow that shot straight up and from a distance, it looked as if some kind of space comet or crazy extraterrestrial being's ship had landed there in Caldwell.

There's good news and there's bad news.  The fire was contained almost immediately keeping people safe.  That's the good news.  The bad news is that Criterion is a complete loss.  The whole building completely collapsed and continued to burn and smolder.  Fortunately, nobody was hurt and the fire's pretty much out now but there's a massive cleanup job taking place right now.


They were able to extinguish that fairly quickly and then concentrate on the building itself.  There's a canal that runs right behind it, so that kind of gave us a little bit of a barrier, a little bit of a break, so the fire couldn't take off south.

Again, nobody was hurt.  A full investigation is underway.