Cigarette Causes Early Morning Idaho House Fire
We saw a major tragedy with a Boise house fire this week that left a Mother and her two children dead, now this morning we have another house fire and authorities say it was caused by a cigarette.
The blaze broke out about 4:25 this morning in Idaho Falls along W. 19th Street. According to an article on eastidahonews.com that details the fire, the back porch was completely engulfed in flames and it was taking over the back of the house as crews arrived on the scene.
The homeowner told crews that he woke up to the fire and attempted without success to put it out with a garden hose. Luckily he was able to make it out of the house okay without any significant injuries and there were no other people or pets inside the home.
Damages are estimated at $50,000 with the flames reaching the kitchen, living room, and the east siding of the home.
The cause of the fire has been determined to be an improperly extinguished cigarette.
If you did not hear about the horrible Boise fire that took the lives of a Mother and her two kids, you can read about it HERE.