From The Kitchen: Paleo GF Meatloaf
My diet mostly consists of eating paleo. I use the 80/20 rule when it comes to eating that way since I find it to be more sustainable. If you're not familiar with the Paleo diet, it's pretty much a grain-free, sugar-free diet. The way I determine what to eat is after looking at the ingredients of something if I cannot pronounce something on that list, I simply don't eat it. While I'm not the biggest fan of meatloaf, I found myself in a bind the other night and realized I had all the ingredients for it, but wanted to find a great paleo meatloaf recipe. I found this one on Inspiredeats.com and it was AMAZING!
- 1 lb ground beef or turkey (Organic or grass fed preferred)
- 1/2 small red apple, diced (skin removed)
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 1 Tsp chopped garlic
- Oregano, salt & pepper to taste
- 1 large egg or egg replacer
- Dash of Coconut Aminos (optional)
- Mix all ingredients in large bowl except egg, making sure to mix well.
- Whisk egg and fold into meat mixture.
- Shake about 5-6 shakes of Coconut Aminos into mixture (approx 1 tsp)
- Form into a loaf and place in glass or metal loaf pan.
- Bake on 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes (times and temp vary by oven).
- Remove and let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- Options: top with Paleo BBQ sauce or Ketchup recipes found here