I Love Bunco Night!
My wife plays a dice game called "Bunco" with a bunch of her girlfriends once a month.
When that night rolls around each month, I am usually left at home, and alone.
Do you know what Bunco night means for me? Or....means for most guys? It may vary a little from guy to guy, but for me Bunco night means "GUY NIGHT!"
It means I have the house to myself for two to three hours! Do you KNOW what kind of guy things can happen in that time frame?
- I can eat out of the pan over the sink!
- I can have two or three cold beers and belch loudly and proudly!
- I can watch movies where things get blown up, over and over!
- I can run around in my underwear and do Tom Cruise "Risky Business" moves!
- I can scratch myself in inappropriate places without fear of retribution for being inappropriate!
- I can be a slob and a slug and a couch potato and not feel guilt!
- I can stand in front of a mirror and make faces, flex, and think I still look good!
- I can drink milk out of the carton or jug!
- I can listen to my music really loud!
I mean, this list could go on and on, but as the two to three hour time frame starts to dwindle down and I know it's getting close to the time she will be home...I remember what it was like being single and doing all of the things I listed above...all the time. That's a scary vision.
Then I thank God I have a woman in my life that lets me be that guy...once a month, because I can't imagine the other days of the month without her.
Now, if you'll excuse me....I have a frozen pizza in the oven, and a cold beer with my name on it.
Oh, and ladies....if your guy says he hates when you go play Bunco....there's a good chance he's lying.