Idaho’s Favorite Fast Food Spots Surprised Us
Fast food is handy and easy in our busy lives from time to time, or for some all the time. Top Agency studied the most popular fast food restaurants in every state. Idaho was pretty in line with the rest of the country. For me personally the number one spot in Idaho, which also happened to be the number one most popular fast food spot in the United States surprised me. Here are the top 5 for Idaho:
5. McDonald’s - Not a big surprise that McDonalds would make the top 5 in any states list considering it is one of the most well known and most popular fast food companies in the world. According to Idaho Business Review (circa 2016), "The first McDonald’s restaurant in the Gem State was built adjacent to today’s modern McDonald’s located at 510 North Orchard Street in Boise. It opened on June 13, 1961 and was the 249th McDonald’s in the country. Today there are 64 McDonald’s throughout Idaho with more than 30 restaurants in the Treasure Valley." The first McDonalds in the country opened in 1955 in San Bernardino California.
4. Taco Bell - Every time I drive by the Taco Bell near downtown Meridian there is always a massive line for the drive through. I am sure other Idaho Taco Bells are similar. There are currently 33 Taco Bells in Idaho and 15 in the Treasure Valley according to the location finder on the Taco Bell website. Taco Bell first opened in 1962 in San Bernardino, California. (Same city that McDonalds got its start)
3. Subway - My 8 year old son LOVES Subway so I have become quite used to the Treasure Valley locations. There are a whopping (not to be confused with Whopper) 125 locations all over Idaho. Even tiny towns seem to have a Subway. Subway started in 1965, Bridgeport, Connecticut.
2. Burger King - With 32 Idaho locations Burger King is still making a massive impact on the gem state. According to the company, Burger King was started in 1954 by James W. McLamore and David Edgerton in Miami.
1. Sonic - Yup Sonic is the number one most visited, and most popular fast food restaurant in Idaho. This is suprising since it also has the least locations in Idaho with only 21. Sonic got its start in 1953 in Shawnee Oklahoma. Sonic was the top fast food choice for 14 out of 50 states and was in the top five for more than half.
Top 3 Best Fast Food French Fries Spots in Boise, Ranked
Fast Food or Quick & Clean Cuisine? 10 Eateries That Won't Wreck Your Diet
What's the BEST Restaurant in Each of The Treasure Valley Towns?