"2018 is going to be MY year!" We all said it. We were wrong.

The good news is, no one (to our knowledge at the time of this article) in Idaho has died from eating oysters.While it's not entirely unheard of for someone to pass away from eating oysters, this case in Louisiana is especially scary.

A Texas woman was visiting Lafayette, Louisiana with friends in September 2017, where they purchased a sack of oysters from a local market. Pretty standard fair whilst visiting Lafayette. What happened next was anything but standard.

Two days later, the woman experienced trouble breathing, and developed a rash over much of her body. Doctors believe she had contracted a bacterial infection called Vibrosis, which is fatal for almost 100 people every year. After three weeks, the Texas woman passed away.

How can you keep yourself safe if you want to enjoy oysters? Surprisingly, there are numerous steps you can take to increase your chances of avoiding contracting any illnesses.


More From 104.3 Wow Country