It's going to be a cold winter in Idaho, so you'll want to cozy up by the fireplace.

Just don't burn your house down in the process.

A Sagle, Idaho woman luckily only received minor injuries when her house ignited in flames thanks to the diesel fuel she used in her fireplace. The woman was alone at the time of the the fire, and once fire crews were on site and extinguished the blaze, she then refused medical treatment. The woman's identity has not yet been released.

Selkirk Fire Chief Ron Stocking is encouraging residents not to use accelerants such as diesel fuel in a fireplace. Why? As this story teaches us, the flames can get out of control rather quickly, and the results can be devastating. If you are planning on using your home's fireplace this winter, there are a plethora of safety guidelines you should follow to ensure you and your family's well being.

More From 104.3 Wow Country