Illegal Soliciting In Boise
Door to door salesman are hitting the pavement and robbing you of your hard earned money. They seem nice, hard working, and a little desperate. Don't get it wrong. They're stealing from you and they're stealing from your neighbors.
The Boise Police Department is warning the public about Illegal Solicitors. This is the time of year they put things into overdrive. Most of these solicitors go house to house trying to sell products. There's a right way and a wrong way to do this. Here's what you should be looking for according to the BPD.
1) All solicitors must display a current Boise City license, if they do not have one call police: 377-6790.
- Representatives from non-profit 501c(3) organizations, like scouts, school organizations, churches or charities are not required to have a city license. If a solicitor claims to be from a non-profit organization, you're encouraged to ask for ID to confirm they are a true representative
2) Do not let a solicitor into your home, not even to use the washroom.
3) Ask for written information about the company. You can research this information before making a decision to purchase.
4) Be cautious about giving out personal or financial information.
5) Report aggressive or suspicious activity to Police Dispatch, 377-6790
- Try to obtain a description of the solicitor, direction of travel, and any vehicles and license plate information.
- Do not jeopardize your safety to obtain this information.