Out Of Control Semi Causes Six Car Pile Up On I-84
According to KIVI TV both of the westbound lanes of I-84 in the Jerome, Idaho area was shut down for hours yesterday afternoon after a semi truck hauling hay didn't slow down for traffic. The Idaho State Police say the semi slammed into the back of another semi around 4:30 p.m. at milepost 198. This crash started a domino effect that eventually sucked in six different vehicles. The vehicles involved in the crash were...
- A 2007 Peterbilt semi hauling hay, driven by Efrain Orozco Gil, 43, of Eden.
- A 2012 Dodge Ram pickup, driven by Robert Mullins, 67, of Twin Falls.
- A 2011 International semi, driven by Patrick Kane, 54, of Edgewater, FL.
- A 2017 Lincoln Navigator, driven by Tyson Williams, 30, of Placentia, CA.
- A 2016 Freightliner semi, driven by Serafin Martinez, 28, of Jerome.
- A 2013 Dodge Ram pickup, driven by Jared Moore, 29, of Preston.
Fortunately, everyone involved in the pile-up was wearing seatbelts. Two people were transported to the Cassia Regional Hospital in Burley. We don't have specific information as to their condition but it's believed that they will survive and be o.k. All lanes are currently open and traffic is running smoothly.