Therapy Approved Texts To Send To Someone That’s Grieving
Grief is one of those topics that is hard for people to address. It's hard and uncomfortable for the person experiencing the grief and it's difficult for others to comfort them in the best, kindest way.
Bustle wanted to help people who want to be there for others during their grief. They put together a list of therapy-approved text messages you can send to someone whose grieving to at least give you a solid start. Here's some of the options.
- "I know that you're going through a tough time. I also went through this. I'm going to check in with you."
- "I heard about your loss and I know that you're going through a difficult time right now. I'm here."
- "I'm here for you if you ever need to talk."
- "I want to make you a weeks worth of food. What's your favorite food?"
- "I know this is hard and I love you."
- "If you need to talk I'm here for you 24/7."
- "If you need anyone to sleep over, I'm here for you."
- "I'm here to listen and talk whenever you need, even if that's a year from now."
- “I am going to give you a call this afternoon to check on you.”