7-year-old Michael Martinez was born with cerebral palsy and relies on a wheelchair to get around. But last week, he defied all odds when he managed to crawl to help his family.

Martinez managed to crawl to his parents' room to alert them of a beeping noise he was hearing. As it turns out, that beeping noise was the family's carbon monoxide (CO) detector. If Martinez didn't do what he did, there's a chance the family could have been fatally poisoned by the odorless, colorless gas.

His mom, Angie Martinez, told CBS affiliate KHOU "He's our little hero. He saved our family."

More From 104.3 Wow Country