HAZMAT Team Investigating Substance Making Emmett Residents Sick
What is going on in Emmett?! A substance found under a sink has induced vomiting and burning of the eyes, nose, and throat! This is scary.
A special National Guard Unit along with the HAZMAT team is looking into a substance found by an Emmett man under his sink at about 5:40 p.m. last night. The substance was in a baggy and immediately caused the man to vomit. It also caused burning in the man's eyes, nose, and throat.
The home is in the 800 block of South Boise Avenue in Emmett according to KTVB.
The man and a woman in the house were both taken to the hospital to be treated and assessed.
The woman in the home has said that the substance was a pool cleaner and it came from someone she knows, but that has not been confirmed yet.
So far the condition of the two people affected has not been released. We'll keep you updated as this story develops.