KTVB reports that one man is now dead after his home in Emmett caught fire and he could not escape.  The Idaho State Fire Marshall Knute Sandal believes the fire was started from a cigarette while Eric Brockbank fell asleep.  By the time Brockbank woke up, he couldn't move enough to escape the smoke and flames.

Brockbank's home was at the 900 block of East Main Street in Emmett, Idaho.  Neighbors and witnesses say there was nothing that could be done to save Brockbank's life.  The fire was just too big and too strong by the time anyone recognized what was going on and most had no idea if someone was actually inside or not.

Fire Marshall Sandal said...

We are always saddened by the loss of any person from a fire.  Smoking is the third greatest cause of residential home deaths in America.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to Brockbank's family.

More From 104.3 Wow Country